THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Climbing after 4pm

Tuesday, February 17, 2009.Alisa and I head out after her work, with a dufflebackpack full of climbing goodies - rather, climbing necessities - and head out to catch the 20 Bus out to KM19.5 to go climbing at the walls near the lake, El Treból. The views at the top of each climb, especially at Pared Blanca (the White Wall cragline), are a nice reward for the pump you receive for these slightly overhanging testpieces for the grades! We climb a few routes, two of which I am in love with and hope to climb 100 times each, making them a warmup! Here's a welcome and parting shot in one for our after-work climbing day: Alisa rappels down the gorgeous 6a+ with Pared Blanca in the foreground, the closing sky and Cerro Lopez in the background.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

hi hi! jon says 'tell him we love him and stuff'!

Hey - we love you and stuff!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the note! See you soonish?! And back atchyas!

Anonymous said...

You [actually referring to y'all collectively(posters and readers)] need to prepare yo'self for any climbing opportunities that may present themselves whilst you's is in Z states.

Also, from what Zeus says, the tri is a "no-go" - so thus we must find something else to do OBVIOUSLY!

~Akanam

Unknown said...

HOLY MACAREL, BACONCHIPS! Does that mean we´ll be climbing? If so, what will we be climbing?! I´ve heard statues are off limits, as are houses on private non-we-owned property or properties.

Where might this ¨go down¨ thinks you? Manaka, is it?!

Keep me on the circuit on which information cruises.-n8

Amy Bigelow said...

Nate! I am teaching math (now at a very MSSM-like school in CT) and found this: http://www.memoriad.com/default.asp

I think you should take a trip to Turkey (or wherever it's held in the future) to compete.

You never know what you're capable of. My roommate from college won $200 running in the Highland Games. Ironically, my neighbor from my other college has won thousands of dollars playing the bagpipes in the Highland Games.

Adventure away!
Amy Bigs

Unknown said...

Hey Amy! How´s the teaching going! I wish I could sit in on a wild class of yours! What happens when the Teacher is the Class Clown?!

THanks for the website tip! 1) I´d love to go to Turkey at some point although I can´t afford it now, 2) Those games sound wicked fun!
talk soon, bigs!