THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Update

It is now Sunday, February 1st, 2009.
I am getting over being sick. My job occurs once a week, forcing me to look for more work.

One piece of good news is that the last time I had to porter to the refugio, I made it up in 2h40, a new record for me that found praise from the workers there, some of whom care to learn some Chinese!

Like always, I took some pictures on the way up

and on the way down.

The other good news is that we just had Ben Kunz and Lindsey Saunders visit us from Seattle on their 15-month trip around the world. They are two wildly bubbly climbers! Visit their travelpod blog at the following address: http://www.travelpod.com/travel-blog/benandlindsey/1/tpod.html Thanks to them we got more climbing in than usual!

Featured in this blog entry are pictures of climbing at Cerro Ventana, Bariloche and resting atop Cerro Campanario.

Now! Looking forward to Pat's visit, cooking dinner, finding a job and freetime with Alisa!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh My. I know you are very wise when you climb--and for that I am so grateful. I will say the first thing that happens when I see some of your pics is a "bad" word and then a sign of the Cross--not for having uttered the word--for your continued protection and blessings! Nice work you two on the climbs. Glad your friends came and glad Pat will soon be there. Love, Mom/Terri

Unknown said...

Haha! Hi mom! Thanks for the post! Don't worry, I couldn't have fallen at the time: I was protected by a toprope! Mariah said that I should pay for your anti-anxiety meds if I show you these sorts of pictures! haha! Hope all's well mom! Give dad a hug and enjoy the superbowl and some Greek food for us down here!

Love you!

Peaceful Road Warrior said...

Beautiful photos!

I'm packing my bags and getting fortified for the long trek there.

It'll be great to see you and Alisa and also warm up through my bones (a little snow is forecasted to hit here tomorrow).

CUL8R,

Pat

Unknown said...

Hey Pat!

I hope the bag you're lugging down here doesn't way you down! (Thanks in advance for bringing it.)

I think you'll like it here if you're looking to warm up! Today's the first day in a while with an optional second layer of clothing due to a cloud cover above.

Pretty soon you'll be the one featured in some pretty photos!

CUSoon!,

-n8

Anonymous said...

keep a list of good routes meester meister
~Manaka

Unknown said...

Manaka! How's the strongman with a brain?! oh i got that list! i'm checking it twice (for each time i climb it!) i'm going to try and do some new boulders and compile a video collection of them, too! you'd love some of the routes down here! easy, hard, all good! Keep studying and playing hard! See you soonish?! Talk to you sooner!-yourbro