THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

The Plan

Yesterday I made homemade pasta
after Alisa and I learned from our friend and soon-to-be housemate, Nico. He´s not moving in with us; we´re moving in with him. In October, practically cutting our rent cost in half!Here´s Alfonzo on the route Hecho en Casa (7a), almost at the crux set of crimpers!
The weather here in Bariloche, Argentina is changing and the patterns of the years tell me that summer´s coming. I´ve gone climbing outdoors for the last two days. Today, I sent the 7a Hecho en Casa, at the Casa de Dani wall, while my friends Alfonso, Lara, and Lucas tried the 7a+ just to the right and my friend PAjero tried the same route as myself. I didn´t think I would ¨send¨ the route, or climb it without falling, because yesterday I had gone climbing outdoors for the first serious time this season at Cerro Ventana´s La Visera wall. Because my project, Demoliendo Teles was one of the only 3 dry routes at Ventana, I hopped on it and did all of the moves! I´m psyched, but now I have to connect them together!Lara climbing the same route.

In other news, I just read Three Cups of Tea and highly recommend it to any of the following: a good heart, an urge to climb, an inclination to change the world for the better! Besides making our own bread, pasta, casseroles, pizzas, crepes, and what have you, we´re trying to take steps in our lives to learn to live more sustainably. Reading certain books and studying cooking and gardening make me feel alot better, especially when living in a town or city that doesn´t afford me the ability yet to put into practice any of this knowledge or will to act so!

More to come!, your landescaper, n8

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey babe, bravo--once again! And it seems to me you are putting into practice these ideas of sustainibility; you are living closer to the land in many ways.

xoxooxo Mom

Unknown said...

Hey mom! Thanks- I hope so! It´s funny reading what I wrote a day later, again nearing the end of a 130am-930am shift...I´m still tired but I realised I didn´t write what I was trying to and there are loads of mistakes! Tonka truck loads! :)

See you in CochamO!

Unknown said...

tonka truck and lincoln logs and tinker toys!! oh yes, those were the best! awesome pics nate. did you know Jon and I received a pasta maker as a wedding present! jon tried it out and made a mint version and a cilantro version! you look like an old school silversmith or blacksmith or farrier (horse-shoers)apprentice with that huge machine and the awesome apron! nice work studly doo-little.
Jon and I just spent a little time at our new place, cleaning and mopping. now back home (what will still be home for 24hrs or so!) to sleep! love ya!

Unknown said...

Hey Nicky! That's awesome to hear 1) you guys have a house and 2) that you got a pasta maker!! That's heavenly!

The thing that makes me look like a horse-shoe-maker's apprentice is only, in fact, a chair I used to hang the cut pasta on...we did it with the ingredients and an empty wine bottle...

Mint version, whoa! Keep me posted on your kitchen doodles!

Love ya!,
-n8