THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Cusco 4

Saturday, October 11th , 2008

Day 104 on The Big Trip. “Can we just go to Puno and Lake Titicaca yet?”

WE REST again today. We made ourselves breakfast lunch and dinner, all of which tasted great and were cheap, cheap, cheap – did you hear birds?

CLEARLY we've spent too much time in Cusco: Alisa is trying on the funny masks that I think Patrick Robbins would love to have!

REDUNDANT highlight was two more fried dough sticks for me. They’re so good. I wish I could bring the stand with me! Maybe I’ll just make my own, once in Chile!

MY MOM popped into my thoughts because in the market we started seeing things for Halloween. Boo! Glad I got to talk with you online!

DAD is apparently running around the country and somehow still manages to keep in touch with me and do me a favor by selling the good ole Honda Accord! What the heck!

NICKY is job-getting and biking with JON is buying lamps and feasting with the parents.

WHAT, pray tell, is Sean doing? Rocking the junior year, I suppose.

WHAT, pray tell, is America doing? It’s very odd reading the news whilst abroad. It’s very pleasing to watch the 2nd presidential debate on youtube.com, topic by topic!

THE ARTISAN MARKET today was not overwhelming. At this point in our travels, we have been to so many markets that it’s hard to find anything unique from stall to stall, from market to market. Also, it’s unfortunate that most of what we see in the markets makes me think of tourist-tourist-tourist. I couldn’t wear or use much of what they sell without tagging myself as more of a tourist than I already am! Plus, don’t we have maxed-out packs and a budget?

NEW HIGHLIGHT of the day was being asked by the chef at Loki Hostel, “What are you making?” We know each other’s face quite well by now since I’m frequently popping my head into the Loki kitchen and asking for spatulas, knives, cutting boards, et cetera and running back to the guest kitchen. Rinse and repeat!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jon says that, while he has been seen in the lighting section at several home improvement stores, his main thing is that he "is getting smarter by the second". he wanted me to tell you that. and consuming coffee.

were in a coffee shop right now. over-priced biscotti. sun and flies streaming through the window.
gonna go try to try and find mom at some point today. before we go biking!
a dad is playing a game of 'what rhymes with chair? with table?" with his daughter. she keeps saying 'zair' and 'rable'.
glad alisa is feeling better!

Unknown said...

What if time stops going by the seconds?! Will Jon still keep getting smahta?

Don't go to Ecuador if you like coffee. Just like there's no "trickle-down" effect with money in the U.S., there's no "trickle-down" effect with coffee from Colombia to Ecuador. They only have really bomby Nescafe!