THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Aguja Frey

March 15, 2009 Before and After Climbing Aguja Frey:
For my last day off I cruised up to Frey with two buddies, Nicolas and Christer.

DAY 1: At 3pm we started our first traditional multi-pitch climb up Aguja Frey, the main tower right aside the refugio. We chose, as recommended, the 90m 5+ classic, ¨Sifuentes-Weber¨. At that point we didn´t know that we would climb a 6a variation of it and turn the 5-pitch climb into 3 long pitches by somehow combining pitches 2+3, and 4+5! That´s the wonder hidden in adventurous climbs that riddle every tower in Frey!

The three of us before any climbing!
Our rock-protected tent location!
Nico and I, gearing up before our first climb.
I´m just starting off! Here we go, Sifuentes-Weber! Ready or not...here we come!
Nico, ready to belay Christer on top of Sifuentes-Weber´s pitch 1.
Nico climbing up to me, for Pitch (2+3).
General picture of myself starting up the 6a variation´s 3rd and final pitch, Christer belaying me.
Close-up of the above picture.
Myself, arriving on top of Aguja Frey. What a great feeling!
Christer nearing the top of Aguja Frey! What a climb!
Christer, successful on top of our 90m´s of Aguja Frey.
Happiness!
Again, Christer on Aguja Frey!
We rejoiced and snapped photos a bit on the top, just soaking in the views, the feelings, and the memory! Again, me!
Christer retreating down the backside of Aguja Frey after our epic climb!
Night-time fun with cameras! We made fantasmas of each of us and one of the three of us! A good way to celebrate our first three-person trad. multipitch in Frey!
March 16, 2009 DAY 2: Since I had to work at 4pm back in town, we only had time for a 2-pitch climb...and that´s if we woke up early! So, we decided on the 2-pitch ¨Diedro de Jim¨, an excellent 5+ route on the right side of Aguja Frey.

Our rock-protected tent location in the early hours!
Refugio Frey casting a reflection of the sun beginning to creep over the valley´s margins.
Amazing photo by Christer of the reflection in Lago Toncek, pre-climb, Day 2!
Nico and I on the top of Pitch 1 of Diedro de Jim!
The lake was very distracting with all of its reflections!
Christer and Nico at the top of Diedro de Jim´s Pitch 1!
Panoramas with the sky are always nice! Now off for the second pitch!
I am very pleased to be on the top of this wonderful climb! I loved it! Now to rappel twice quickly and safely before hiking back to work!
Chris stoked to have made it to the top of ¨Diedro de Jim¨!
Almost touching ground again after our second multipitch in Frey and my favorite thus far!
The three friends, after our awesome day-and-a-half of climbs!
Post-climbs, post-hikes, Christer and I are walking while trying to hitchhike back to town!

9 comments:

JonLL said...

Awesome pics. Awesome climb. Questionable facial hair.

Anonymous said...

Awesome pics and climbs. Me thinks I better train to serious multi-pitch w my N8 this summer! Dad

Unknown said...

Hey Jonathan! THanks for the post!! You´ll be happy to know that the questionable facial hair made me laugh a lot and I shaved it upon return from the climb...almost a tradition now in my relationship: I trade a climbing day without my Alisa for a shave for her relief! haha

And Dad! You´d´ve loved those 5+´s! I´m sure your legs are strong enough to do them, it´s more a matter of technique than upper body strength, although, of course, it never hurts! :) Train on! See you soon, dadpal! :)

Unknown said...

i don't believe you - i think you are growing a mullet/mohawk ala Seanman! looks like a very exhilarating fullfilling time up there! how the heck did you do those fantasma photos? hye - the desktop background of my work laptop is you doing that one-handed handstand in front of the climbing hut with the lakes/mtn's behind ya!

Unknown said...

HaHA! Hey Nickysister! THat makes me happy! I want to outdo that picture for your desktop! Also, I am taking suggestions, mostly bad ones, for what to do with my facial hair! I think I will grow it all out again and then decide on how to ¨carve¨ it... Send me some photos of you sometime! With love, -n8

Anonymous said...

Muy Bueno Gordo !! Sos muy groso !! Excelentes fotos, mejor aventura. Bueno, veo que te he iniciado correctamente, no por la escalada extrema, pero sí, por el camino de la " Aventura y la amistad " jaaaa !!!!

Unknown said...

Ah, gracias! Fui muy divertido! No puedo esperar regresar!!

Una cosa mas: Sos de Argentina pero no se quien sos! Decime!

Suerte!

Anonymous said...

Un Amigo de nico soy. Abrazo

Unknown said...

Ah, mira! Ok! Bueno, si escalas, y supongo q si, escalas, si qres ir a cualquier lado para escalar, decime, y vamos! Abrazoo!