THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Ventana and Peak Ahead

Thursday May 7th, 2009A quick hop over to Ventana was in order for Alisa, myself, and our buddy Juanjo. There were no photos posted from Frey last week (or the week before) because there were no trips to Frey recently. Unfortunately, although the weather couldn't have been better suited towards a Frey trip, my friends were either too occupied or too sick to go! Last week we went to Ventana as well. Cerro Ventana, that is.

Below Alisa leads a 5+ at Ventana.
Some things you might not yet know: I have a scar from leaning over to get a fallen cookie when I was young; I'm going to Chile this weekend with Alisa and our two next-door-neighbors from California in our obligatory tri-monthly border-crossing ritual; some day this November I want to quit my job here, go to Frey to climb and explore for a week or two, and follow that up with a month or more - if I can afford it! - in Cochamo, Chile, before returning to the states; I hope to repeat a big wall and feel out a FA bigwall as well, if possible; in the meantime I am teaching myself rescue, hauling, and big walling techniques and starting to put them into practice in a safe, comfortable setting!

If you know of any good grants for such a tackling, please forward them my way and I will rigorously apply to them, as more gear and food-money would be a huge help!


Below Juanjo is rappelling for his first time, under the tutelage of Alisa and myself! Go Juanjo, go!
Lots of love from Patagonia!- your landescaper, n8

2 comments:

Unknown said...

lots of love from california too!

just took mom to a beach - beautiful day - too chilly for swimming but perfect for walking barefoot!

have a great week! sean comes out here on tuesday.

Unknown said...

hey nicky! thanks for the note!

just got it after the chile-trip!!

glad to hear you got some good mom time! have fun with sean! counting down days 'til we meet up again!!!

California Pt. 2 - Mason Jennings :)