THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Acadia National Park: Day 3

Panorama of Nathan Conroy on top of Cadillac Mountain, A.N.P., ME.

Day 3 in A.N.P. is Wednesday, July 30th. Time for high-balls at Gorham Mtn. Trail and oceanside climbing at Otter Cliffs. Daily rituals include showering, teeth-brushing, dish-cleaning, oatmeal, morning- and nighttime-tea, pictures, climbing, and cuts.

Matt, the King, Dennis got his day's worth of cuts on a high-ball boulder problem early in the day. Luckily, we had tape for that. A few strips later, the king is ready for his castle of rock: Otter Cliffs. One stomach ache passed us by as I lowered Matt down the cliff before rappelling myself to meet him at the bottom. Both of us at the bottom, I entrusted Matt with the duty of belaying me to the top, where I would then belay him. This is small change for Matt who has already in his one-and-a-half days of climbing lead-belayed me twice!





Just look at me: I'm happy to lower Matt and to be on the Maine coast again, especially climbing! What a treat! And of course, unlike the cloud sneezes from late the day before, we enjoyed sunshine.

Matt takes a no-look picture of me as I enter the brief roof-section on a fun route on the cliffs.I belay Matt from above on the same route, meanwhile snapping off a vertical panorama.




At the top, Matt is exhausted and thirsty, as he should be! Lying down, I grab the water and realize the potential formed by Matt on the ground and me with a camera and jug of water standing up. Here we go!





After climbing, we take off and enjoy Jordan Pond with its quieter tendencies, in part thanks to its no-swimming policy, in part due to its out-of-the-wayness.



Matt and I continue in on to summit Cadillac Mountain, where we take panoramas of one another (Top; Below).

These seem to capture the day for us. In fact, if you look closely in these panoramas you might find in the distant coastline a square shape of rock jutting out that is part of Otter Cliffs. It is also true that if you look closely, you will see happy individuals in a landescape they love.

Or maybe that's obvious from a distance.

In Maine, Your Vacationlandescaper, N8

0 comments: