THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

New York City, New York

NYC. Narrow 98th. It is not good to remain double-parked very long. So it is that we found ourselves quickly dumping Alisa's belongings from the car to the sidewalk just outside of her building. Alisa drove off to drop off the car in the parking garage. This costs more than street parking but is safer and easier to find. And for only one night, it's even more reasonable. Pat, Alisa's mom, comes around the corner with grocery-goodies and a smile. We all meet in the upstairs apartment and hug!

Catching up and getting ahead of ourselves occurs over some masterfully prepared feast. Pat has been doing some aggressive sailing and has bruises to show for it! Go, Pat! Pat fixes my smiles on my face and my appetite to boot! Sailing racing must be fun! Oh, is that wine or sparkling apple cider? Either way, it's good! Cheeses, spicy salada, pita bread, hummus, eggplant concoction, grapeleaf wraps, and anything else nearly ambrosia is spread in front of us. The treat of the night is the company and the fruit sorbet. It's also very nice not to have to be driving through an 8 foot tall puddle like we did getting to NYC. We continue eating and talking about news events and what-have-you, and then finish and clean up a little before blogging and nighttime settle in.

We get a good night's sleep, and go head-to-toe with our dreams. The next day means animal-shaped waffles with maple syrup and cut fruit. The next day means taking pictures of Pat and Alisa together! The next day means that Pat needs to go to work, and I need to leave to go to Boston, Massachusetts to see my brother. But first, Alisa and I say goodbye as Pat heads out, and we shower and get ready to head over to the good-box building that houses iEarn and Ed, Alisa's dad. I get a quick snapshot of their meeting in his office. Ed fixes my computer. Again. Thanks, Ed! Luckily, Ed made it back to the US OK (sounds like US of A) after a cancelled meeting and travels in Uzbekistan. The three of us look at upside-down maps, awards from George W. Bush, and Ed's book, Landownership under Colonial Rule: Korea's Japanese Experience.

We escape the office, and explore a NYC farmer's market. Not bad, especially the pickles, a jar of which Ed bought. I snap some photos of Alisa and Ed walking to the market. We part ways before Alisa and I get my car from the garage and I depart.

We wait in the garage while the attendant retreives the Volvo. The wait makes me wonder how far underground this garage goes. 20 stories? Or maybe the attendant is enjoying the leg room and my ipod playlist! Meanwhile, Alisa and I hug and get ready for the goodbye. She runs me to the first stoplight, which luckily was a stoplight instead of a golight. I already miss her. It's weird not having Alisa do joke and talk and adventure with.


Have fun in Bangladesh and NYC with everyone, Alisa! I'll keep you posted on Maine, Rumney, Boston, Vermont, and all in between!

Now, on to Boston and brother!

-Your bLandescaper, N8

0 comments: