THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Getting There

FLIGHTS TO S.A.:

As I write this post I sit in a red, x-chromosome-shaped backless sofa. I do not have free internet. It is 11:20pm. I cannot check in for my flight until three hours prior to the flight departure. That means 4am. I’m getting quite a laugh off of this. Luckily I now have my checked bag back in possession since Delta Airlines and LAN do not have an agreement for bag transfers or some such thing. Anyhow, I’m glad to have my stuff and know that it at least made it to Miami, America’s fender in its game of hurricane bumper-country.

Dad gave me four pieces of baklava of his own making for this trip, a long with a handful of good memories, which I hope to pay him back for upon his visit to Patagonia! So I sit here, slightly hungry, sweet-toothed, knowing that I must save at least two for Alisa who doesn’t see it coming!

I was lucky on both flights thus far. On the flight from ROC to Atlanta, I had the seat next to me free since I was in the back of the plane, or “the free seats galore and no one knows it section of the plane” as I call it. The person assigned to the seat adjacent mine knew it, too! From Atlanta to MIA, it only got better. I was the very last aisle seat on the plane, of course. But that soon turned into the very last row of three seats with only one occupied!

So, not to press my luck but the trip is going well. Of course, now I must wait four hours into the midnight oil reserve until I check in, at which point I will be tempted by Satan to drill into Alaska’s Wildlife Refuge for their midnight oil reserve because I will still have three and a half more hours to wait until my flight!

Actually, energy independence is easy when you’re as green as I am. I think baklava and I can do it without tapping reserves. On your mark, X, get set, gogogo!

ECUADOR:
I arrived and made it through Migration and Baggage Claim to hug feverish Alisa who spoke 100 wpm to get us a good fare to the hostel we're staying at in Quito. There are green hills over this city. Pictures and updates pending. For now I'm happy to be here and ready to rest up and get my exploring on!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nate, a couple of weeks with you was a bit of heaven on earth. Thanks for the wonderful times and memories. Thanks also for letting us know that you safely rejoined Alisa for the next phase of your shared adventures. lulds, Dad

Unknown said...

Back atchya dad! I still can't get over the bike you did and are doing, the first batch of baklava you ever made, and how fun it is to just rollerblade or watch movies with you! Can't wait for extravaganza Pt. 2 in S.A.!

Give the fam a hug when you visit each of them! If you want! Or you can just say I said to!

Much love, -n8eboy, overboard!

Unknown said...

Hey Nate. I am at Nicky's and Jon's right now. Nic just showed the recent blog pics and the site. Thanks for posting. Thank you God for getting you over there. The place looks beautiful. Alisa looks beautiful and happy. I love you loads. Sent you a message on your travel day saying, you are a gift. xoxoxoox take good care. hugs to my purple shirted little one. mom Terri

Unknown said...

holla! you're there! glad the x-chromosome chair fitted your y-chromosome body! my life was empty for the 17 hours between your last u.s. post and your south america post! love ya
will post more soon but mom has only eaten a snickers bar today (we heard her howling outside our window in the dark) so i have to go make her a snack!

Unknown said...

Mom, you're definitely getting your time in with Nicky and Jon! That's awesome! Getting here was a breeze. It only cost me plane tickets and tired eyes. Not bad! Wait'll you see more pictures just from the city of Quito...but soon we'll be out of here, headed to Otavalo, about 2 hours north of here in Ecuador where there is supposed to be some beautiful hiking options!!!

And Nicky! You're an hour-counter?! I didn't think you counted at all! I thought you just did things and didn't realize time went by! Hm...my how you've changed! If you could have an orbit of any shape, twould it be??