THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Question # 1

Why are we leaving Seattle?

The No. 1 question on everyone's lips when we tell them we're moving to Patagonia, Chile is, believe it or not, "Why are you leaving Seattle?" Runner-ups are questions pertaining to how long we're going to stay in Patagonia or what we're going to do for work. The answers to all non-No. 1 questions will come in due time. The following is an attempt to explain why we are leaving wonderful Seattle and all that is great about its people, its whereabouts, and its whatabouts.

First of all, we arrived in Seattle on July 4th, 2007. Never have I had such a welcome to a city as Seattle gave us. Who gives you fireworks? And as great as Seattle has been at its high points, we have approached it from the beginning as a place to live and work for at least a year, at which point we will reconsider our options.

It has been a year, and I have come to know a bit of Seattle and beyond. I love the people I've met. And plan to keep in touch! I have enjoyed the opportunities Seattle has presented with respect to the job market. Who expects to work for a Chinese Television station and a climbing gym straight out of college? And of course, I thoroughly adore the lifestyle of a climbing junkie that Washington state, in particular Seattle, allows for (SEE next post re: Last weekend Hoorah at Squamish Getaway!).

But it has been a year. And this image I have of Patagonia continues to expand in my mindscape. So, as the time for reconsideration approached, I thought, 'Why not move to Patagonia?' Being the world-traveler of the two of us, Alisa took this proposal very seriously, even adding an entire dream-trip that you now see on our blog, that includes over six countries and fifteen states! We get to see friends and see and climb the world! I think everyone wins.

So there you have it!

We'll keep you posted on how long we're going to stay and where, and let you know what we get for jobs. Right now we only have postulates not proofs for such things.

-Your Landescaper, N8

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my footsies are sore!

Azadeh said...

Alisa and Natan;
I love reading your blog and following you in your adventures. I feel you two are living the life that I am probably too boring of a person to live. So live it for me, too ;) Wow, Patagonia? Que bueno, che! yo me fue a Patagonia(el parte de Argentina en 2006)...beautiful and insanely awesome. I am sure the Chilean part is even mejor :)
The boring Azi will be in Boston this summer and in Sept. will start graduate school in Public Policy...see, I told you I am boring..hehe
I miss both you and wish you luck and all the best wishes in the world. You two are very cute together.
Much Love
Azi