THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Psyched on Squamish

Psyched on Squamish, that's what I am! This past weekend I made the trip to meet Johnny G - is for Gorilla - in Squamish. We had a plan to boulder our hearts out and work up to try Dreamcatcher. It rained after our first day. We didn't mind too much sleeping in wet tents or chatting it up in the rain. We didn't mind too much hiking to find the dry boulders or saying goodbye to friends who opted for another dry location or another dry day. But, needless to say, our plan for Dreamcatcher had been out-swamped.

Luckily, the bouldering held us up. After Johnny's first day of sending Sharma's Campus V11, and a highball V6, he was sniffing out Frontside V11 and a Spaghetti, al dente variation on Black Hole V11. During day one, I had hopped on Wormworld Cave V9 and couldn't quite get the crux first move, even though I had managed to snag it briefly without my feet cutting just by singing myself the "Twist and suck your hip in!" lullabye that we all know so well, or should! This was sweet because I had never tried any move or problem harder than V8 outdoors before this! So you can imagine how geared up I was for Black Hole V11 (not the Spaghetti al dente variation, or in layman's terms, the hard and twisty way), which I had tried the day before, working and getting all but one move.

And so it goes, that after Johnny teased the audience for awhile on Frontside, nearly sending on his first go alone, we headed back again to Gibb's Cave and the Black Hole(s). We hit these hard, and honed our techniques down for each of the moves, feeling more technical yet slightly weaker each consecutive attempt. Although there were no full-goes for either of us, I'm pretty sure we're both superbly psyched on Squamish.

That's our Squamish trip in an Egg-shell. Sorry, no pics this time! The revolution will not be photographed!

-Your Landescaper, N8

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

O.K. i officially want to start climbing now. I'm jealous because that sounds too fun, and i haven't even gotten in a single overnight backpack yet this year because of weather and stupid #$%$@^&# schedules. I propose you extend your stay in Maine, because, well, I'm worth at least a week aren't I?!! Until next time...