THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Feast of Beast in the Wild East

Ding ding! Round 2. Tag team is back again. We pummel breakfast and are surprised that our rock climbing week-long trip has been met with a lot of wet rock (it rained last night). The second day of a climbing trip was not supposed to go this way! Oh well!


Sean and I hike. A lot. With heavy packs. We gain a lot of elevation over wet, rocky trails and make it to, "Hey, what cliff is this? Do you know what this route goes at for a grade?" we ask. If there are people, that is. If not, we eyeball it. Today starts out with sport climbing at Crow's Nest Cliff, up high in the Rumney hills. Sean and I dispatch what we think are 9's and 10's. At least for the most part they're dry!
Sport climbing only holds our attention for so long! Sean and I crave something shorter and wilder. Sean finds his beast: Zig Zag Crack! A nice line up a flat-faced boulder in the Jack Black Boulders. Here're two panoramas of Sean with his beast: before and during battle.
I tried the line myself and fell off of the top, which I thought a better choice than climbing over the top since it seemed a little slippery up there. What happened was this: I landed on the side of my foot and rolled my ankle a little. It's been slightly swollen since then! Luckily, Sean showed me up and did no such thing! I, on the other hand, have been tromping away on boulders and ropes since then, paying no heed to the throbbing ankle, which actually doesn't seem to mind as long as I don't twist it in an awkward way!

For more updates on our trip, you will have to check back later!

"Feast of beast!" says your landescaper, n8

0 comments: