THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Full Sunny Day


Today starts off with a bang. We plan to hike to the summit cliffs. That's right! Climbing isn't good enough unless you're at the very very tippy top! So a-hiking we shall go! It's clear skies as we get ready and pack our lunch with us this time; there's no chance that we'll want to hike all the way back to the car for lunch today! We hike around lots of cliffs getting higher and going left up the hills. We stop at good routes to climb them on our way up! Here is Sean on a fun climb. First, we both climb it, and then Sean "cleans" the anchors. For those not versed in climbtalk, "to clean the anchors" or "to clean the route" means to safely remove your gear from the rock. Upon doing so, Sean knows how to rappel to the ground, safe again! Ready to hike along more and crusade on!






We use fixed ropes to help us hike up really steep terrain and avoid crushing vegetation as we near the summit. We find a good route that involves the least amount of spiders and water and start climbing! I lead this not-too-hard route and then Sean lowers me back to the ground. Now I belay him so that he can climb up and with his wise wide wise wisdom dome, belay me from the top of the route. This time I climb the route with the huge packonmyback. The packonmyback has our lunch! We meet at the top and anchor in for some good pictures, good views, good memories!
I do believe that's the most memorable lunchspot I've been to for aaaahhhhuhhhwhile! But wait! The climbing's not over for the day! On the way back, we stop along climbs that we stared and oogled at on the way up to the summit and crusade them. One of them is apparently a really fun 5.10b called Jolt. Sean and I both put on our conquering shoes and give this undercling-ridden climb a run in the sun! We hike down after the climb and notice that we're not alone on this cliff having a good time. There's a mother-son pair climbing nearby this gorgeously exposed 30-meter route. It looks as though we'll be back to this cliff: all of the climbs look quite fun. They give us some tips for some of the gems they found during their full day at this one cliff, so we thank them and hike along for another really fun pumpfest further down. Unfortunately, our brother-only-time takes a break as two kids wander up and sit down just as I'm tying in to the rope to climb. I'd rather not have spectators for this last hard climb that I've never climbed before and know nothing about except what I see. Sure enough, my arms get tired halfway up. One of the kids asks if the flake I'm grabbing is good. Oh sure, it's good. Doesn't mean it's easy, but it's solid. Finally I reach the anchors to hear that this climb is a 5.11b. Dang! I was enjoying ignorance! Oh well! I'm pumped-tired and happy! Sean and I head back to the car and hit up the Rumney Village Store, which we prefer over any other restaurant or store in Rumney. We get a pizza and drinks as you can see! PB&J's just weren't going to cut it after such a long day!

HAPPINESS!
We eat and then drive and listen to Mason Jennings, especially the following songs: Butterfly, California Pt. 2, and Keeping it Real.

"Right on!" says your landescaper, n8

0 comments: